If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't really have a story for this other than one day we came home from work for lunch and Mother Hubbard's cupboard was quite bare with the exception of an excessive amount of cheese. Grilled cheese it had to be and grilled cheese requires tomato soup. —Summer of Eggplant
28 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
cups water or vegetable stock
medium Spanish onion, chopped
teaspoon smoked paprika
tablespoons basil, chopped
tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onions until almost translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add in salt and pepper and smoked paprika and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add in tomatoes and water, bring to a simmer
- Add in sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree to desired consistency with an immersion blender or standing blender. Sometimes I puree the entire batch or sometimes I only puree half of it for a heartier texture.
- Ladle in to bowls and top with the basil.