If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have had variations of "Annie's Signature Salad" at many a restaurant, as I'm sure we all have. The yummy combination of greens, beets, apples and goat cheese is not revolutionary but it is at the same time refreshing and comforting (who knew those two went together so well!). It wasn't until I began cooking the apples that this salad took such a pleasant turn. Soon, I was making it for most of my own dinners and dinner parties and family functions because again...it's refreshing and comforting.
For a much needed crunch I began with candied walnuts but found, when I started cooking the apples and a delicious sweetness emerged, that I needed a bit of salt for balance. Hence, the roasted pepitas. The other wonderful thing about this salad is that it's always the right time to have it: winter, spring, summer or fall! I hope you enjoy it! —Annie's Kitchen
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 3 Baby Beets
- 2.5 oz. Baby Arugula Greens
- 2 oz. Goat Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 handful Roasted Pepitas
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Heat and coat pan with 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Add one Granny Smith apple, cored and diced (skin on) and cook until lightly browned and softened. You will begin to smell the sweetness of the apple.
- Remove from heat and toss with 2.5 oz. baby arugala greens and 3 chopped baby beets.
- Coat and toss with prepared dressing and roasted pepitas.
- Crumble goat cheese all over and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples