If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I grew up in Texas eating all my Tex-Mex favorites including the traditional guacamole with tomato, onion, peppers and cilantro. I still love it. But when I moved to California a few years ago, I was introduced to several "guacamoles" that had very little in common with the original except for the use of avocados. This is my favorite California version. I make it often and I still serve it with tortilla chips! —Robin O'D
tablespoons Olive oil
tablespoon Lemon juice
teaspoon Kosher salt
Block of feta cheese
Bunch of fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
dashes Garlic salt
Tortilla chips for serving
- Peel the avocados and mash them into a chunky texture.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and blend gently.
- Crumble the feta into bite-size pieces and add to the avocados along with the roughly chopped basil leaves and garlic salt.
- Blend together gently once more. Serve with tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip