If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My dad loves this dip that is sold at the supermarket. To its credit, it is delicious and creamy with a great horseradish kick. That’s great but it is full of unecessary ingredients such as corn syrup, gelatin, MSG, and artificial flavors. I decided to make a healthier version of this dip so that he can enjoy it in moderation. Feel free to make modifications to your liking. Also, you will notice that this is NOT vegan. I can’t justify using “fake” sour cream so I used a good quality dairy sour cream. Here is the recipe. It’s fabulous as a dip but could be served alongside of roasted veggies, on top of a baked potato, and endless other applications. —testkitchenette
- 1 packet silken firm tofu
- 1 8 oz. container sour cream
- 1 6 oz. jar plain prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 pound yellow onion, thinly sliced and caramelized until deep brown
- 1-3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend the tofu and sour cream in a food processor until completely smooth. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip