If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Having first learned about Quinoa a year or so ago, I was trying to come up with ways to incorporate it into our diet. We started cooking it like rice in Pilaf, adding it to the occasional stir-fry, etc., but then it occurred to me to try replacing the bulghar wheat in Eetch with Quinoa. Although I find it to be a softer texture than the wheat, my biggest food critic didn't even realize I had done something different with it. You can't go wrong with a dip that is as healthy as it is delicious! —chris_coyle
Serves a crowd
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Tomato sauce
- 1/2 bunch Parsley, chopped
- 4 Scallions, chopped
- 1 Large onion, diced fine
- 1 Large green bell pepper, diced fine
- 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring tomato sauce and quinoa to a boil;
- Reduce to a simmer until quinoa blooms (tendrils uncurl);
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature;
- Stir in remaining ingredients;
- Chill until sauce is absorbed and flavors have a chance to meld;
- If a looser consistency is desired, add a little more tomato sauce - no need to cook;
- Serve with crackers, celery sticks, bagel chips, pita chips, tortilla chips, etc.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip