Author Notes: Typically when one thinks of pimiento cheese you think of little old Southern ladies eating pimiento cheese sandwiches on white crust-less bread, or the famous pimiento cheese served at the Master's in Augusta every April. This pimiento cheese has a kick unlike any typical recipe of just mayo and shredded cheddar. I livened this dish up Texas-style by adding a jalapeno and a splash of Texas Spicy Sauce for heat. Throw in a mix of Sharp Cheddar and Gouda cheeses and you have yourself one hell of a pimiento cheese. This dip's flavor is as big as Texas is wide! Dig in! - Table9
*This recipe is dedicated to my loving friend Meghan Ann who was born and breed in Texas. —Table9
Food52 Review: This amped-up pimiento cheese delivers just what it advertises - the classic flavors of that southern staple, with a hearty kick of heat and a big, bold flavor. I served this with crackers and celery stalks, but I can easily imagine scooping it up with thick cut corn or potato chips or even slathered on a burger. This was a huge hit in our household, and such a breeze to put together that I’ll be sure to make it often, whether for entertaining or just everyday snacking. —lastnightsdinner
Serves: a superbowl crowd
Jalapeno, Seeded and DeVeined
ounces Sharp Cheddar, Grated
ounces Gouda, Grated
cup Sour Cream
ounces Pimientos, chopped
Splash of Tabasco Sauce
Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- In a food processor, grate sharp cheddar and Gouda. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- Replace food processor grater with blade and chop jalapeno. Once processed add mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, both cheeses, salt and pepper. Process until mixture begins to resemble a dip-may have to scrape down the sides to make sure everything is combined well. Toss in the pimientos and parsley. Pulse to combine.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or spread on a nice sourdough bread for a great summer sandwich!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip