If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Typically when one thinks of pimiento cheese you think of little old Southern ladies eating pimiento cheese sandwiches on white crust-less bread, or the famous pimiento cheese served at the Master's in Augusta every April. This pimiento cheese has a kick unlike any typical recipe of just mayo and shredded cheddar. I livened this dish up Texas-style by adding a jalapeno and a splash of Texas Spicy Sauce for heat. Throw in a mix of Sharp Cheddar and Gouda cheeses and you have yourself one hell of a pimiento cheese. This dip's flavor is as big as Texas is wide! Dig in! - Table9
*This recipe is dedicated to my loving friend Meghan Ann who was born and breed in Texas. —Table9
Food52 Review: This amped-up pimiento cheese delivers just what it advertises - the classic flavors of that southern staple, with a hearty kick of heat and a big, bold flavor. I served this with crackers and celery stalks, but I can easily imagine scooping it up with thick cut corn or potato chips or even slathered on a burger. This was a huge hit in our household, and such a breeze to put together that I’ll be sure to make it often, whether for entertaining or just everyday snacking. —lastnightsdinner
Serves: a superbowl crowd
Jalapeno, Seeded and DeVeined
ounces Sharp Cheddar, Grated
ounces Gouda, Grated
cup Sour Cream
ounces Pimientos, chopped
Splash of Tabasco Sauce
Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- In a food processor, grate sharp cheddar and Gouda. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- Replace food processor grater with blade and chop jalapeno. Once processed add mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, both cheeses, salt and pepper. Process until mixture begins to resemble a dip-may have to scrape down the sides to make sure everything is combined well. Toss in the pimientos and parsley. Pulse to combine.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or spread on a nice sourdough bread for a great summer sandwich!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip