If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While my husband, Felipe, and I were dating, he moved across the state to open a wine store. For 2 years, we were long distance and every other Friday after work I would fly in for a visit. Since he was opening a new business and didn’t have any employees, our weekends consisted of hanging out in the wine store. Banish any glamorous, romantic visions you’ve conjured up in your mind and instead imagine countless Saturdays and Sundays working the cashier register, moving boxes, and dusting bottles. Two years later, Felipe proposed to me after an amazing day hiking the ruins in Belize and promised me that if I said yes, he’d turn Sundays back into Fundays. True to his word, Sundays are still our special day. We typically spend the morning doing something active and then head home to relax, him watching football and me playing in the kitchen. Felipe always requests this crab and avocado dip for our Sunday afternoons; it is a great snack throughout the day as we hang out and, most importantly it keeps him from rooting around the kitchen and out of my way. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. —melissav
cup red onion, small dice
jalapeno, minced, including seeds [if you prefer a less spicy dish, you can leave out the seeds or use 1/2]
small plum tomatoes, small dice
small bunch cilantro, chopped
haas avocados, sliced lengthwise into four strips and each strip cut in half widthwise
- Add the onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, 2 tsp salt, zest and juice of one lime. Toss gently.
- Add the avocado and toss very gently. Taste and add more salt and lime juice to taste if necessary.
- Add the crabmeat and toss very gently.
- Serve with tortilla chips; Felipe insists on using Tostito Scoops but feel free to use your favorite chip. The leftovers make a great salad on top of a soft lettuce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip