Author Notes: I pulled this one out of wherever recipes comes from! —vegetarianirvana
cup sour cream, reduced fat/full fat either works.
cup frozen corn, thawed
a medium Haas avacado
4.5 ounce can of chopped green chiles[I used Old El Paso]
1 and 1/2
teaspoons of taco seasoning[I used Old El Paso, hot and spicy]
cup Monterray Jack cheese
cup French's Fried Onions
lime for its zest[optional]
In This Recipe
- Measure sour cream in a mixing bowl. Keep at room temperature.
- Microwave the frozen corn to thaw and gently squeeze the moisture out of it.
- Chop up half an avacado into a very tiny dice, about 1/2 a cup.
- Drain the preserving liquid from the chilies and do a quick rinse in running water. Then gently squeeze out any liquid from the chilies.
- Chop the scallions very finely
- Combine the above 5 ingrdients. Now add 1 and 1/4 teaspoon of taco seasoning and mix well, add salt if necessary. Spread onto a shallow serving bowl that can go into the oven.
- Crush the fried onions roughly. Mix the Jack cheese. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of Taco seasoning.
- If using lime zest, run the lime a couple of times back and forth on a microplane. Scrape the oils and the zest[ a little goes a long way] and add to the onion cheese mixture. Mix to incorporate well and spread over the dip.
- Turn te broiler to medium and put the dip in the centre of the oven and broil fo 5 minutes or so till the cheese melts and the fried onions turn a golden brow, Turn the broiler off and keep the dip warm. Serve with vegetable crudites and tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip