If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Born out of my disdain for bottled salad dressing - and my occasional penchant for eating it anyway.
http://rochellebilow.com/2010/12/lemon-vinaigrette-with-blue-cheese/ —Rochelle Bilow
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- splash champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese (might I suggest Maytag?)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the shallots, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the vinegar as well, if you have it. It's perfectly acceptable not to, or else to use a different kind.
- Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking as you go.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour over a salad topped with blue cheese.