Author Notes: Born out of my disdain for bottled salad dressing - and my occasional penchant for eating it anyway.
http://rochellebilow.com/2010/12/lemon-vinaigrette-with-blue-cheese/ —Rochelle Bilow
teaspoon finely chopped shallot
teaspoon light brown sugar
tablespoon fresh lemon juice
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
tablespoon crumbled blue cheese (might I suggest Maytag?)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the shallots, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the vinegar as well, if you have it. It's perfectly acceptable not to, or else to use a different kind.
- Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking as you go.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour over a salad topped with blue cheese.