If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My time as a line cook at Aldea restaurant in New York City inspired this salad dressing - we used creme fraiche in our salad dressing, though my version is decidedly simpler.
Makes 1 cup
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- Combine the sherry vinegar, brown sugar and peppercorns in a bowl and whisk to combine. (I like to first place the peppercorns on a cutting board and crush them with the back of a frying pan. They retain some of their integrity that way, rather than being ground to oblivion in a pepper mill.)
- Slowly whisk in the olive in. Once it’s emulsified, whisk in the creme fraiche. Season with salt.
More Great Recipes: Condiments