If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up, eggplant was a welcomed ingredient in many of the dishes my parents and grandparents prepared. Eggplant caviar; eggplant slices topped with garlic, mayonnaise and cheese and then baked in the oven until the cheese sizzled and was ready to be sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley; and of course ratatouille were some of my favorite dishes.
I've already shared a recipe for Eggplant & Tomato Dip. This recipe, uses the same main ingredients (eggplant and tomatoes), but also incorporates some of my favorite Indian flavors.
—Olga of Mango & Tomato
- 1 eggplant, roasted in 450F oven for an hour, cooled, peeled, mashed
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip