If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I call this 'Roma' pasta because it's based off a dish I discovered while in Rome at a little boutique restaurant. I think we ate it everyday we were there, it was that delicious!
The base of the pasta is olive oil and garlic and it builds upon the ingredients as you continue to add them.
I love the spice of the dish although I tend to like food on the spicier side. You can always adjust the spice level to your taste.
You can also use fresh or canned clams. When I'm in a bind and don't have a lot of time, I'll use canned clams and it still tastes delicious. It also keeps well and can be eaten cold!
My apologies for the lack of picture, I'm in a very austere location devoid of a kitchen. —cepeters
large uncooked shrimp (with or without the head)
1 - 2
cans of clams or 15-20 clams
3 - 4
cloves of garlic
3 - 4
dashes crushed red pepper
box of bowtie pasta
5 - 6
tablespoons olive oil
cup chunky tomato sauce
- Peel and season the uncooked shrimp with salt and set aside
- Wash, clean, drain the clams and set aside. If using canned clams, drain and set aside.
- Roughly chop the cloves of garlic and set aside.
- Salt pasta water and begin to boil pasta. Pasta shuld be al dente.
- In a pan, add olive oil and garlic to medium heat. Allow garlic to cook for a minute or two without burning. Adjust heat if necessary.
- Add the chunky tomato sauce and stir in with olive oil and garlic.
- Add the crushed red pepper. Adjust the amount of pepper depending to your taste.
- Add shrimp and clams into the sauce and cook until almost done.
- Add the al dente pasta into the pan with the seafood and sauce.
- The sauce is meant to coat the pasta but it shouldn't be drenched although it's so delicious it doesn't really matter.
- Toss and plate!!! Add any grated/shredded cheese you desire!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta