If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The cocoa paired with the spiciness of the cardamom and the brightness of the orange glaze provides a perfect combination for a romantic breakfast. —Nestingproject
Makes 20 small pancakes
cups self-rising flour
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
cups whole milk
cup orange juice
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, cardamom and 5 tbsp sugar in a mixing bowl
- Add eggs, and milk and whisk into the dry ingredients.
- In a skillet on medium to medium high heat, take a large cookie scoop and pour into the pan. Cook about a 2 minutes on each side.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and orange juice in a sauce pan on medium high heat. Cook until sugar dissolves and reduces down to a syrup like consistency.
- Plate the pancakes and garnish with mandarin orange slices and the orange glaze. Pair with thick-cut bacon on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom