Author Notes: The cocoa paired with the spiciness of the cardamom and the brightness of the orange glaze provides a perfect combination for a romantic breakfast. —Nestingproject
Makes 20 small pancakes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, cardamom and 5 tbsp sugar in a mixing bowl
- Add eggs, and milk and whisk into the dry ingredients.
- In a skillet on medium to medium high heat, take a large cookie scoop and pour into the pan. Cook about a 2 minutes on each side.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and orange juice in a sauce pan on medium high heat. Cook until sugar dissolves and reduces down to a syrup like consistency.
- Plate the pancakes and garnish with mandarin orange slices and the orange glaze. Pair with thick-cut bacon on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom