If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A wonderful coffee cake for a cold winter day--great any time of the day. Easy to make. Your guests will be impressed. Serves alot of folks, but won't be around long! —DeborahB
Makes 2 10 tube cake
- 2 cups Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2.5 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1.5 teaspoons Ground Cardamom
- .5 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup Ground Pecans
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Using an electic mixer cream Butter and Brown Sugar together until well mixed.
- Gradually add eggs one at a time. Stir sides of mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and sour cream. Stir sides of mixing bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt. Slowly add to wet mix. Do not over-mix.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon for filling.
- Spray two 10" tube pans. Divide half the batter between the two pans. Sprinkle the pecan/sugar filling on top of batter (not too close to the sides). Pour remainder of batter into pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in a 325 degree oven until cake is brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 20-30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Make coffee and sit down with a piece of cake. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom