If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is an attempt to replicate and improve upon a cocktail that we enjoyed recently at one of our favorite restaurants: Oleana in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The goal was to enjoy the magical relationship of cardamom and peaches. The cardamom simple syrup can be used as a springboard for other beverages along with poached fruit desserts. —sticksnscones
Makes 1 cocktail
Cardamom Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup whole cardamom pods- slightly crushed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
For each cocktail
- 1/2 ounce cardamom simple syrup
- 1 ounce peach nectar- Looza brand is wonderful
- 8 ounces Prosecco
- thinly sliced peaches- for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and cardamom pods. Bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar and return to a boil. Lower heat & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a jar. Store in the refrigerator.
- For each cocktail: Pour the simple syrup and peach nectar into a wine glass or champagne flute.
- Slowly pour in the Prosseco. Garnish with a slice of peach and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom