If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My daughter wanted to bake muffins and we had some extra strawberry raspberry puree leftover making berry ice cream; that was the inspiration for the flavour. Also, anything pink always gets a nod from Emily. I think berry jam would also work but certainly reduce the sugar as these are pretty sweet using just puree. You can probably reduce the sugar regardless by about a third and not really notice. But they were very tasty as is. —DebS
- 2/3 cup berry puree (unstrained)
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 eggs, large
- 11 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup wheat bran
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dashes cinnamon
- Combine banana, berry puree and oats. Set aside for about 10 min while you prepare muffin pan and mix dry ingredients (at least this takes 10 min when your sous-chef is a 4yr old).
- Mix together flour, wheat germ, wheat bran, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir eggs into berry oat mixture; stir in sugar. Mix in butter until well combined.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until just combined.
- Spoon into lined/greased and floured muffin tin and bake at 375F for about 20min (until done because I always forget to set the timer).