If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sauce is great, the paprika gives it depth, it was really succulent and sweet from the onions which melt into the sauce. Actually, instead of rice you better have some good bread to deep in the sauce.
chicken thighs on the bone
big sweet onion
cloves of garlic
tablespoons tomato paste
can of tomatoes crushed in the food processor
tablespoons sweet paprika
zucchinis cut to 1.5 cm rounds
Extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
- Put 2 tablespoon of olive oil in wide pan and hit until almost smoking.
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs.
- Add the chicken to the pan, skin side down.
- Sauté in high hit for 7 min on each side until golden brown.
- Take the chicken out the and lower the hit to medium.
- Slice the onion to thin slices and add to the pan. Sauté for 7-10 min, mixing from time to time, while deglazing the pan.
- Slice the garlic cloves to thin rounds and add to the pan. Sauté for 60 sec.
- Add the tomato paste, mix well and sauté for 1 min.
- Add the paprika and sauté for few more seconds and than add the tomato sauce. Add 1/4-1/2 cup of water to thin the sauce a bit. Bring to a boil.
- Add back the chicken, bring back to boil and then lower the hit to low and cook for 30 min.
- Add the zucchini rounds and cook for another 30 min.
- If the sauce is too thin, cook on high hit for the last 5 min.
- Serve with rice.