If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by other olive marinade recipes, and using what I have. —htownlisa
Serves 6 for nibbles
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 orange
- 1 meyer lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes, or fresh chili (I like hatch chilis), to taste
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint, large green Spanish olives
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove zest from orange and meyer lemon. Juice half the orange and half the lemon. Add the juice, zest, garlic, chili flakes or fresh chilis, rosemary, and olive oil to a small saucepan, and heat about 5 minutes. Do not fry the garlic, just heat it til it softens. Add the olives and turn off heat. Allow to cool, drain and serve. You can also store the olives in the infused oil. Keep the infused oil for making salad dressing.