Author Notes: These lace cookies contain ground almonds, by the way. I love almonds, they’re good and good for you! They’re good for your heart and packed with antioxidants and nutrients.
I found a great recipe for classic lace cookies, but decided to take a fresh and uplifting spin on it by adding freshly grated lemon zest to the batter. —Allison from Haute Box
Makes: 3 dozen
cup raw ground almonds
tablespoons unsalted butter
cup organic unrefined sugar
tablespoons light corn syrup
cup all-purpose wheat flour
pinch of sea salt
Zest from one lemon
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup. Stir often until the butter is melted and the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium-high, stir constantly and bring to a boil. Once the contents begin to boil, remove from the heat. Stir in the flour and salt until well incorporated. Finally, stir in the ground almonds, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Using a teaspoon, drop the batter onto the baking sheet. Bake the cookies until evenly light brown, about 10 minutes. At the 5-minute mark, turn the baking sheet around in the oven to ensure even baking. The cookies won’t begin to spread till about 6 minutes into baking.
- Cover a cooling rack with paper towels. When the cookies are done baking, place them on the paper-toweled covered wire rack and let cool.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!