Author Notes: We love pumpkin! and love to use it in savory and sweet dishes. This is one of our favorite ways to utilize pumpkin! —adamnsvetcooking
cup Milk (you can use soy milk)
Inch of pealed ginger, sliced
teaspoon Orange Zest
cup Pumpkin pure (canned is good, we like Libby's)
tablespoon Of corn starch dissolved in 2 tbs of room temp water
- Simmer the milk, sliced ginger, orange zest, cinnamon and honey over medium heat, for about 10 mins.
- Take off the heat and let all the ingredients steep in the milk for about 10 to 15 mins. You really want to infuse the milk with the different flavors.
- Strain the mixture.
- Add the pumpkin. At this point the temperature of the mixture will drop, and the egg yokes can be tempered. (I make scrambled eggs sometimes ;)
- Temper the egg yokes with few tablespoons of the mixture. Return the tampered eggs to the mixture. Add the dissolved corn starch to the mixture.
- Place the mixture on back on medium heat. Whisk until the pudding thickens.
- Pour into ramekins or decorative dishes, and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Sprinkle a pinch or two of cinnamon and enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding