Author Notes: Found it online and modified it to our taste. —ZakS
cup fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice
Meyer lemon zest (I use however many lemons 1/3 cup takes)
cups heavy cream
tablespoons raw sugar per custard
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Boil water in a pot on stove
- Whisk two eggs, egg yolks and sugar and beat until light yellow and firm.
- Add heavy cream, Meyer lemon zest and lemon juice, and fold together.
- Line a deep baking dish with a paper towel, place six ramekins inside on top of paper and ladle mixture evenly between ramekins.
- Pour water into baking dish as a warm water bath for the custard to cook in, halfway up the ramekins and place in the middle rack of the oven for 40-50 min. Edges should be firm when done, but middle should be wobbly.
- Take out and let cool outside in water bath. Refrigerate.
- Before serving, add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar in the row on top of each custard, swirl sugar to coat custard completely, and caramelize in broiler mode until sugar bubbles (or use a torch).
- Re-refrigerate or serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding