If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Did you know that Carrot greens or carrot tops are edible? Yuppers, they are! The other day I picked up a bunch of fresh organic carrots that were on sale with the greens still on them and I got curious, are they edible? I quickly found out that they are and in fact are quite nutritious, rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins. The carrot tops can be used raw or cooked, tossed in salads, used in soups and many other creative ways. I —Spicie Foodie
- 3 pieces medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 bunch carrot leaf greens to taste ( I used a small handful)
- 1 piece small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 pieces garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3.5 ounces or 100 grams shredded cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan then add the finely chopped red onion and saute until soft. Add the garlic,ginger and saute for 3 minute. Next add the shredded cabbage stir to combine with the pan ingredients, cover and allow the cabbage to soften completely. Once the cabbage is soft add the carrot and carrot leafs stirring to well combine all of the ingredients. Lastly sprinkle in the spices and stir the vegetables well. Continue to cook until the carrots have softened, about another 5 minutes. Serve as a side dish or as a main meal with some steamed white rice, it's delicious as a vegan meal or snack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe