If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found the basics for this recipe in a magazine and then changed it over the years and doubled the glaze. It's sweet, savory and colorful. My family, which includes many little grandkids, love it. Company Carrots is a perfect accompaniment to any poultry dish or great with just a grilled steak. - 2nd Street Sue —2nd Street Sue
Food52 Review: I made these to have with roast chicken. The fresh ginger and balsamic vinegar were nice, sharp notes in these glazed carrots. I cut reduced the jam to half a cup and that seemed to control the sweetness a bit. I also threw in some fresh lemon thyme, since my husband is anti-cilantro. These were tasty glazed carrots. Thumbs up. —Lizthechef
Serves: 10 - 12
pound carrots, sliced or use baby carrots
scallions, minced green and white parts
tablespoons fresh peeled ginger, minced or 1 1/2 tablespoon jarred ginger paste
cup apricot jam
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
cup orange juice
garlic clove, peeled/sliced thinly
salt to taste
chopped cilantro (optional)
- In large skillet, steam carrots in water until fork ready. Drain and store until ready to use.
- To make glaze: Melt butter in large skillet and add scallions, garlic,and ginger until soft.
- Add apricot jam, vinegar, orange juice and salt (if using any). Let ingredients heat through, 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon carrots into skillet with glaze and reheat until glaze covers carrots and all are heated through.
- Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with chopped cilantro if desired.