If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shrimp Scampi is a meal that enables you to trick guests into thinking you are a hoity toity chef who spent hours in the kitchen cooking for them, when in reality this comes together in 20 minutes. Add a side salad and some garlic bread and you’ve got yourself a five star meal fit for a king. —LYKLauren
- 1 pound linguini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Cook linguine according to directions in salted water.
- In a pan large enough to hold the final meal, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat. Sauté the shallots,garlic, and red pepper flakes until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm.
- Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Drizzle in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the parsley, lemon zest and cooked pasta to pan. Lay the shrimp on top and serve.