If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this delightfully rich and fairly healthy vegan cake for Valentine's Day. Alone, the cake is not too sweet, but the coconut glaze with crystallized ginger kicks the sugar up a notch. My favorite thing about this cake is the heavenly marriage of flavor created by the cardamom and coconut; and a little cayenne pepper accents the spices even more. —SweetPotatoSoul
Makes 1 small bundt cake
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 cups carrot, peeled & grated
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a small non-stick bundt pan or a 9x4in loaf pan.
- In a medium sized bowl mix and sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl mash a ripe banana, add coconut oil, carrot, coconut milk and egg replacer and mix thoroughly. Begin to add dry ingredients to this wet mixture. Add a little at a time, stir, then add more until you have a thick batter.
- Pour into the pan, and place in oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Test to make sure it's done after 50 minutes by sticking a paring knife or toothpick into the cake, it should come out clean : )
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe