If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite meal as a child was my mother's roasted chicken with buttered white rice and curried carrots. The chicken was tender and juicy, the rice rich and sticky and the carrots were sweet and savory with the smallest hint of spice. The meal was perfection. I recently wanted to update that simple family classic and came up with this recipe that I find myself craving as if it were chocolate. The combination of flavors from the salty feta, the sweet honey, the warmth from the cumin and freshness from the parsley play a symphony in your mouth with every bite. I do hope you give it a try.
Makes a lot
- 1 bunch large carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- several good drizzles of honey
- a few dashes of ground cumin
- a big handfuls chopped, fresh parsley
- a big handfuls good feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- Toss your carrots on a baking sheet with enough olive oil to coat and season with the salt and sugar. Roast on 450 for 20-30 minutes, until tender on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
- Allow your carrots to cool to room temperature, then place in a large bowl and season with a good amount of honey and ground cumin. Taste to check your seasoning, it should be equally sweet and savory.
- Toss in your chopped parsley and good quality feta cheese and enjoy!