If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my fridge I had a head of green cabbage, apples, a nub of ginger, and three carrots and didn't feel like going to the market to get anything else. I was pleasantly surprised by the refreshing results. —MamaIntheKitchen
Medium Green Cabbage
1 large or 2 small
Apples- Granny Smith or Jonah Gold
tablespoon Ginger root
tablespoons Rice wine Vinegar
teaspoons Seasame oil
tablespoon Light Soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- Slice Cabbage into thin 1/8" strips and put into large bowl.
- Shred/ grate Carrots with coarse side of box grater. Add to bowl with Cabbage.
- Peel and core Apple and cut into matchsticks. Add to bowl with Cabbage and Carrots. Put aside
- Peel Ginger root and grate with medium side of box grater and put in small bowl or cup. Add 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and light soy sauce.
- Pour liquid over cabbage mixture and toss all ingredients together so well coated. Let sit for 15-30 minuted before serving so cabbage absorbs vinegar. Add additional tablespoon of vinegar if desired.
- Great refreshing side for Pork buns or dumplings.