If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Once upon a time there was a local restaurant near my office that served an amazing Broccoli and Carrot soup. I decided to make my own which wound up being a great call since the restaurant lasted only a few months. —AmandaE
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound baby carrots, halved
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until they are translucent, about 5minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and water and turn the heat to medium-high. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover turn heat to low and simmer for 10minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook for another 15minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the brocolli and cook for 10minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
- Using a hand immersion blender, blend the mixture until most of the vegetables have been pureed. If using a regular blender, spoon the mixture and blend. Add the feta cheese and stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Once the cheese has fully melted serve with crusty italian bread and ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe