If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 pound Carrots
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups turbinado sugar
- 1+ cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnut oil
- zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Toast the pecans in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside for later.
- Rinse, peel and grate carrots.
- Combine carrots, buttermilk, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and orange zest in a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- In another bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.
- Fold the flour mixture into the carrot mixture and add 2/3 of the chopped pecans. Do not over mix!
- Scoop into cupcake papers and fill 1/2 to 3/4 full. Bake for 19-21 minutes at 350F. Rotate pan(s) after 15 minutes of cooking.
- Frosting: Melt half a stick of butter on medium-low heat, then add white chocolate. Stir until melted and set aside to cool. Beat together other half stick of butter and cream cheese, then incorporate powdered sugar and white chocolate mixture
- Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool fully. Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle remaining pecans on top. Dust the cupcakes with cocoa powder.