If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Jenny is in perpetual search for easy, weeknight recipes to attempt to feed her family. When they balk, she just eats more.
Today: A slaw for when slaw for dinner is appropriate.
Five things that happen when your kids go to camp for the summer:
1. You don't do laundry for days.
2. The dog begins to sleep with you, and if you're especially lucky, pees on your blankets.
3. You see movies involving Sandra Bullock.
4. You throw away many things that might belong to others, if others had bothered to put them away before fleeing the premises.
5. You eat slaw for dinner. Specifically Tahini Sumac Slaw. Please buy sumac for this, as it makes it special. I don't care if you buy pre-shredded cabbage. Be sure to mix that dressing up nicely, for consistency. Of course there will be no use of pomegranate seeds.
Tahini Sumac Dressing
1/4 cup tahini
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon ground sumac
2 tablespoons boiling water
1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cups napa cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch ribbons (about one head of cabbage)
1 1/2 cup savoy cabbage, 1/2-inch ribbons (about half a head)
1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (optional but good when in season)
Photo by James Ransom
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.