🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread

041310f_799

I have a question about step 13 on the recipe "Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread" from AntoniaJames. It says:

"Allow to rise a second time about 45 minutes or until nearly doubled in size. (If you want to use this bread for sandwiches, you may find it beneficial not to let it rise quite as much. A loaf that’s a bit more dense is easier to slice, and holds up better when constructing sandwiches.) See notes below about shaping, and about using a clay pot for loaf bread."

Can I turn this into rolls? I am learning about making bread and have not yet figured out how to adjust a recipe to make rolls. Thanks!

asked by Kt4 almost 3 years ago

Sure you can. Before the second rise, divide the dough into 12 pieces for small rolls or 8 or 9 for large ones. (The recipe makes around 24 - 26 ounces of dough; figure 2 ounces per small roll and 3 ounces per large.) Roll the pieces into balls, arrange the balls in a greased pan, spaced at least a ball's width apart so they have room to spread as they rise. Or you could put them in a greased muffin tin.

Continue the recipe for the second rise and baking. The rolls will bake faster than a loaf, so keep an eye on them.

Kt4

Thank you so much! I find we (I, heehee) can eat an entire loaf out of the oven so am hoping doing it as rolls will help reduce that. I'll let you know how it goes when I attempt this in the next day or 2.