🔎

• 2

• 731

Urgent! My village is currently out of yogurt, would sour cream be a decent replacement for that? Also to make almond meal just grind some up coarse

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Almond Cake with Orange-Flower Water Syrup" from amusebouche. It says:

"Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Combine eggs, yogurt, 1 cup sugar, oil, and vanilla."

102610f_051
Headshot
Gator_cake

I think sour cream would make a good substitute for the yogurt, and don't think it will adversely impact the texture or flavor of the cake. You can make your own almond flour or meal by using your food processor to grind blanched almonds. Just pulse them until they are coarsely broken, then process until they are flour-like. If you process them too long they will become almond butter.

Headshot
Saqurtuliq added about 2 years ago

Thank you =], and I apologize for the multiple posts.... Not the best internet and I am used to tagging posts by hitting enter on Tumblr rather than the spaces, haha