I have a lot of purple cauliflower. Any great ideas on what to do with it?? Maybe a soup?

asked by beka over 3 years ago

Soup is good, but I seem to remember that the color sort of boiled away. It just wasn't as pretty and vibrant as when it was raw.

It will still tastes good. You could try to roast it and steam it. Lately, I've been on this kick with white cauliflower where I boil it until it was really soft then I topped it with golden fried garlic slivers and the garlic oil. Lastly, it was served with a generous dollop of caper-anchovy mayo. Got the recipe from The Traveler's Lunchbox, http://www.travelerslunchbox...
Use a really good mayo or homemade. It really makes a difference.

It's sort of addictive.

I would boil it til al dente, rinse it, then add some lemon juice and olive oil on top, may be some thyme, and enjoy!

Roast it! Roasted cauliflower is so good!

It is very good cut into small florettes, roasted, and then tossed into a salad. Gives the salad a nice texture variation!

I would roast it with cumin.

Roasted is awesome. I also love pureed cauliflower with a little butter and cream (fried sage on top is a bonus!).

This is really good: