Need a good tuna recipe' got chunky tuna out of a can, green peppers, that's as far as I've got... (no bread)..

asked by SirMarc,Wang about 2 years ago

Love tuna sandwiches!
- Try scallions, sliced thin (the white and some of the green part)
- Sliced celery
- Diced red onion
- You could add a tablespoon of capers without their brine
- Combine about 3 parts mayo to 1 part mustard (Dijon or regular hot dog mustard). Whisk them together before folding in to the tuna mixture, adjust proportions to taste.
- Add a little sweet pickle juice to the mayo combo if you like the taste (test combining some of the mayo mixture in a separate bowl with the pickle juice in case you don't like it.)
- Some people like to add a little sweet pickle relish itself (in that case, I'd skip the capers).

I like a loaf of ciabatta or ciabatta rolls but any good bread will do!

Bon appetit!

Dsc_0048b

you could make a lovely tuna salad with your tuna and green pepper, some halved grape tomatoes and some white beans. A little lemon juice and olive oil is all you need.

Another riff on the white bean theme is to combine the tuna with thinly sliced red onion a drizzle of good olive oil. Capers do go well with tuna.

healthierkitchen, that sounds delish!

Dsc_0048b

Thanks Pegeen! I love pierino's onions and capers too.

Meant to add - this is a great tuna sandwich:

http://food52.com/recipes...

And for more, just type "tuna" in the Search box in the upper right-hand corner of this screen, where it says "Enter Search Terms."