🔔
🔎

Pudding/tart filling

Can I use my favorite pudding recipe for my tart?

asked by Stephanie G about 2 years ago
Baci1

If it's thick enough, sure. I recommend brushing the tart dough (baked) with something to keep it from getting soggy. If you have a chocolate filling, use melted chocolate. If it's a fruit or non-choc custard, try using heated apricot jam. It tends to not overpower the flavor of the filling.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

HalfPint, what kind of melted chocolate would you use? I put melted chocolate on the crust of a peanut butter cream pie and it got so hard it made it impossible to cut the pie cleanly, breaking instead and making a real mess. Thanks so much. ;o)

Baci1

I brush a rather thin coat of melted chocolate (dark choc usually), onto the crust, so I usually don't have the cutting and breaking problem. Kind of looked like the crust was shellac-ed with chocolate.

Dsc00859_2

Would adding a small amount of butter cream while melting the chocolate prevent it from hardening?