I have a lot of 'waste' left over from juicing lost of fruit. Is there anything I clan do with this other than composting?

asked by Bill F almost 2 years ago

Get a Vita mix that pulverizes the skin and fiber.

You could maybe use the fiber in muffins, breads..stocks etc.

Or ...just a wild idea here. Coat dry pulps with corn starch, a touch of salt extra moisture to bind together..and fry them in disks in oil for crispy chip like snack things.

P1291120

I make lots of jelly, so have tons of fruit pulp left over. I keep it in the freezer, pull it out when I'm ready to make a particular syrup: lemon zest, sugar, water and pulp boiled together for 10'ish minutes. Cool on stove (half an hour?), add lemon juice, strain. It makes a beautifully colored "[fruit]-lemon" syrup. Typically, I'll put in a mason jar in the fridge and pull out to combine with seltzer water for a refreshing drink, or with a a little something "more medicinal" for an adult beverage. Sorry that I don't have an actual recipe and quantities, but you kind of can't go wrong...

Noz_photo

Our vegan columnist Gena Hamshaw makes crackers from her juice pulp!

http://www.choosingraw...

Molly_patrick_pic

Great question! When I first started juicing I felt really bad about all of the pulp going to waste.
I have made muffins and stock with my pulp.
I always seem to have more pulp than I can use up!

Molly_patrick_pic