🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

-5

I have a question about the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. Can this be made dairy-free? Would Tofutti Cream Cheese work? Can the shredded cheese be omitted?

asked by Carolyn L. about 2 years ago
Image

I've made this a lot, but never dairy free. I've used yogurt in place of the cream cheese though. Maybe you could use soy yogurt? And I think you could leave out the cheese, but it adds a lot of flavor,so if you're going to do that, increase the onions and garlic and throw in some chopped fresh herbs that you like.

Headshot
broccolirose

Natalie is a recipe tester for Food52.

I've made this recipe several times too and I think tofutti cheese would work. You could also try daiya brand which is tapioca based and melts really well. You can find it at Whole Foods.

Hilary_sp1

Hi Carolyn, sorry I missed this. For next time, I think you could probably skip the cheese altogether. The Egg and quinoa are really the binding agents, and I think the quiche will be looser without cheese, but I think it will still hold up. I've used the Tofutti cream cheese, and I think that would work, too.