🔎

how long can you store raw sugar cookie dough in the fridge? is 2 days ok, before baking?

i want to make sugar cookie dough tonight but bake them 2 days from now. will it be ok?

IlovePhilly added over 1 year ago
Voted the Best Answer!

I have done this many times and I'm alive and kicking. No worries! If a scientist comes on and says I'm wrong, maybe you should believe them, but I really have done this and I really can't see why it would be a problem.
Good luck! Enjoy!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Keeping the dough in the fridge for two days not only is okay, it will make the cookies taste better. If you have decent eggs that are reasonably fresh, you can probably go longer. I always make my sugar cookie (and similar cookie) dough at least two days in advance; I've kept it in the fridge for five days with no problems whatsoever. I use super fresh organic eggs from the farmers' market. I probably wouldn't stretch it out any longer than 3 if I didn't. Have fun! ;o)

Waffle3
ChefOno added over 1 year ago

USDA guidelines recommend no longer than 4 days due to the possibility of contamination from the egg(s). Freshness of the eggs, source, type, grade are not factors -- there is a small but not zero chance that *any* egg (excluding pasteurized eggs) could carry pathogenic bacteria.