🔎

After marinating, freeze first then cook, or cook then freeze (Luciana's Porchetta)?

Marinating the meat for three days, but now know we'll be eating out for the next week. So which is best?

tjrf915 added over 1 year ago

I would cook now and freeze it, then thaw it out the night before you want to eat in the refrigerator and reheat it in a low oven. I haven't made this recipe before, so I can't say from experience, but I have frozen cooked meat many times and eaten it after thawing/reheating and have been very happy.

tjrf915 added over 1 year ago

Junechamp

definitely I would cook the meat and then freeze it. If you don't, it will keep on marinating, and that wouldn't be a good thing for the texture if nothing else. Three days is a long time to marinate this. I leave it for one whole day, and the flavor is quite intense.

Bigpan
bigpan added over 1 year ago

Cook now, but under cook a bit so when you reheat it will finish cooking and not be overdone.