🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

-5

I have a question about the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. What should I serve with this? It seems like a leafy salad would be overkill.

asked by Wicko almost 2 years ago
Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Spiced baked carrot "fries" would be nice.

I make this a lot (love it with spinach instead of kale). In the winter I serve it with a citrus salad: peel a grapefruit, a couple of blood oranges and a couple of clementimes. Slice them thin, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with a little olive oil and some lemon juice or sherry vinegar and you're good to go.

Scan0004

Since you've eliminated the carbs in the quiche, I would enjoy something like a cornbread with this -- in addition to the other 2 suggestions. (That is, unless carbs are truly 'off the table.')

Cakes

I think roasted butternut squash, cubed and sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper, would be a great side and would look pretty as well.

Cimg0737

I've often paired this quiche with soup for lunch or a light supper. I've served both Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon Vinaigrette by OB Cookie (http://food52.com/recipes...) and inpatskitchen's Roasted Celery Soup (http://food52.com/recipes...) with this quiche. Both soups are really delicious and nicely complimented the flavors of the quiche.

My first thought was some type of winter squash--either roasted or in a salad. I think Amanda has a recipe re the latter. Another idea would be a roasted beat and feta or goat cheese salad; just simply drizzle with some olive oil salt and pepper.

Smokin_tokyo

I wish there was someplace to keep all these mouthwatering menu suggestions.