🔎

Is there anything that could be used as a vegetarian substitute for chorizo in a recipe?

3-bizcard

Trader Joe has a vegetarian chorizo, it is a soy sausage.

3-bizcard

What is the recipe? If you don't have a store near you you might be able to mimic the spicing in the chorizo.

jilhil added about 1 year ago

Field Roast also makes a spicy vegetarian Chorizo - whichever brand you use remember that the vegetarian sausages contain much less fat so you need to consider that when you have any directions that call for sautéing the sausage with other ingredients.

Bigpan
bigpan added about 1 year ago

Look for Yves brand tofu wieners and add spices to suit your taste - or use slices of tofu pan fried in a bit of oil with paprika and chili and whatever your favorite spices are.

corie added about 1 year ago

Thank you for the suggestions. They are all great ideas!!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added about 1 year ago

You can also try cubed portabella mushrooms and add spices, but agree with jilhil that added fat may be needed.

Kroka_kitchen
maryvelasquez added about 1 year ago

I love the Trader Joe's soy chorizo, but I wanted to point out that it is flavored like Mexican chorizo rather than Spanish chorizo, so it might depend on the nature of your recipe. Also, the TJ's chorizo is good for crumbling but not for slicing.