Iceberg lettuce

Six heads of iceberg lettuce... No idea how that happened any suggestions other than salad?

asked by Mirepoix79 over 1 year ago
Monita_photo

Use the lettuce leaves as wraps. Fill with julienned peppers, carrots and shredded cheese. Roll shut and serve with a dipping sauce

Bigpan

Use leaves for tacos instead of taco shells. Or, chinese lettuce wraps - mu shu pork with hoisin sauce.

Baci1

I like to stir fry it with some bacon. I have a recipe listed on this site. Cooked lettuce is actually pretty good.

This is a great way to use up extra lettuce. I haven't tried it with iceberg but I think it would work!
http://food52.com/recipes...

Juice it, or put in a food processor with a bit of water and lemon juice...and pulverize and strain. Freeze that and make a sorbet/Granite. Serve in a martini glass with some balsamic vinegar

Don't be in too much of a hurry. Iceberg keeps for quite a while.

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Lettuce soup - the internet is awash in recipes for it!

Bek

Def look for a recipe for lettuce wraps/lettuce rolls- eggrolls. If you like pork,shrimp, veggie, etc. you will find one that fits perfectly to suit your taste. I sometime combine shrimp with ground pork. It's a great combo. This is much healthier when used with a lettuce roll.