FREE Standard Shipping. TODAY: Up to 30% Off Gift Cards (limited supply). Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Irish Brown Soda Bread

122010f_097

I have a question about the recipe "Irish Brown Soda Bread" from merrill. What happens if you do not wait the full 2 hours for the bread to cool?

asked by Nomnomnom over 1 year ago

Its texture may be a bit "gummy", but if you've just gotta have it, do it!

If it is still steaming when you cut into it, the lost moisture may result in a bread that dries out more quickly if there is any left over. Bread that sits a bit before it is cut has time to develop a bit more flavor, too--especially if it contains raisins or orange orlemon zest.

Thanks Cynthia and Maedl. I waited it out! And it was worth it. Very moist and tasty!

The rewards of patience! for what it's worth, bread is never eaten hot in Germany. According to old wives, it give a person a bellache, but I think that was just a story they told to keep the bread fresh longer.