🔎

• 5

• 490

what can i add to calm the heat after the jalapenos have already been incorporated?

Jampro
Bevi added about 1 year ago

What recipe are you making?

sandy sam added about 1 year ago

dried fruit, walnuts, garlic, bread cubes, and 'wickles hot relish' drained and then processed together to spread in butterflied pork tenderloin.. really tasty but hot! I added some panko crumbs now so hopefully after it is cooked it won't burn our tongues.

P1291120
SeaJambon added about 1 year ago

Think about some dairy on the side -- like some sour cream. Maybe even a sour cream/cumin sauce to go with. Not sure the panko is going to be enough to calm the heat -- you want something (dairy is best -- water is out) that "cuts" the oil (that's where the heat lives)

I agree with Sea Jambon, that something containing fat which causes the heat to dissipate across your palate is the best bet - sour cream is great, and adding some safflower oil (or other neutral flavored oil such as grapeseed) will also help.

Jalapenos are actually one of the milder "hot" peppers. But per the above responses, think maybe a "crema" which would a latin American sour cream. You should be able to find both the Mexican and Salvadoran styles.