🔎

Lemon Vinegar - I recently bought a bottle of Vinagire de Citron by Huilerie Beaujolaise, truly the most amazing bottle of vinegar I had ever bought,

Truly the most amazing bottle of vinegar I every bought but at a big price of $49 a bottle! I want to make this and have been searching the web for inspiration on how to get started with such fabulous fruit vinegars. Anyone out there have any tips?

Chris_in_oslo

Wish I knew, as your question has just put me out $49. My guess is that it is made from a white or wine vinegar that's been infused with citrus peel. Easy enough to do and worth some experimentation. Hope you get some better responses.

thespicegirl added 11 months ago

Thanks Chris. I have seen a few recipes which talk of this method but the particular vinegar I am referring to is a really rich murky like colour. The vinegar itself is in pasteurized and super sweet. It reminds me of limoncello but more refined smooth and of course with that vinegar aftertaste. I'm thinking they are using the actual juice to make it. I'm going to try the lemon peel method but am certain it will not be if the same stature. Buy a bottle and let me know what you think. It turns anything you make from good to amazing!

thespicegirl added 11 months ago

Sorry error. The vinegar is not pasturized.

Dsc_0028
cookbookchick added 11 months ago

Apparently it is made of lemon and calamansi juices. And yes, I am intrigued by what you wrote so now I, too, an out $49!

Dsc_0028
cookbookchick added 11 months ago

*am

Chris_in_oslo

Mine arrived, and you are right--it is absolutely delicious. While I've waited for it to arrive, I've cast about for lemon vinegar recipes, and I haven't seen much that would make me confident about plunging in with it. Some websites specifically mention citrus vinegars as being tricky.

There's a nice website on fermentation in general that doesn't seem to have anything on citrus vinegars, but it's written by a FOOD52er, and maybe she'd have some insights. The blog is called Phickle, http://phickle.com/?page_id.... (Sorry, I can't remember her FOOD52 name.)

accidentalchef added 8 months ago

Hey Guys,

I know a site where the vinegars are way way cheaper. Also here is an article on the lemon vinegar and several other vinegars as well. The raspberry vinegar is my personal favorite.

http://online.wsj.com/article...

accidentalchef added 8 months ago

Hey Guys,

http://online.wsj.com/article...

nll added 8 months ago

Does the company where you purchased it from have any idea's or recipes, usually they do supply something.
Just a thought

accidentalchef added 8 months ago

They totally do. The site is absolutely fantastic and it has some of the best products out there!

dymnyno added 8 months ago

This sounds so delicious that I just ordered a bottle!!!