A question about a recipe: Carrot Cake with Cardamom

2013-0625_carrot-cake-011

I have a question about the recipe "Carrot Cake with Cardamom" from hollyshaner. I'd like to bake the cake on Friday evening and ice the cake on Saturday to serve at my husband's birthday dinner on Saturday evening. Do you think the cakes will hold? Should I refrigerate the cakes after baking or keep them at room temp? Thanks.

asked by melissav 12 months ago

If the weather is hot I would refrigerate the cake until you frost it on Saturday. If your kitchen is a cool place then it can be wrapped and kept at room temp. Either way, your cake will be cool and ready for frosting.

Junechamp

How you need to handle the cake layers after you've baked them depends largely upon what kind of cake you're making, the temperature/humidity in your home/region> If you do refrigerate the cake, be sure you bring the layers to room temperature before you fill and frost the cake.

Carrot cakes keep well because of the moisture and fat content. I work in a bakery; we have found that it is easier to ice carrot cakes that have been either stored over night in the cooler (refrigerator) or partially thawed from the freezer. If it is very hot and humid and you have no air conditioning I would recommend that you store the iced cake in your refrig until an hour before serving.

Ry_400

Thanks everyone for your help. I am in Florida so I will definitely refrigerate overnight!

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet