🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Tangy Teriyaki Salmon

2013-1029_jenny_teriyaki-salmon-011

I have a question about the recipe "Tangy Teriyaki Salmon" from Singerinkitchen. Does ground ginger just refer to the dry spice? Or to the pureed jarred ginger?

asked by erinrae 12 months ago

Ground ginger refers to the dry spice. Happy cooking!

Coles_phillips2_life

Thank you!

Bigpan

Note that the pureed ginger in a jar (like garlic in a jar) contains preservative chemicals. It is so easy to use the real thing.
Yes, ground ginger is the dry ginger found in your spice aisle.
I have had great success using real ginger and grating it on the grate side of a box grater. As it is fresh, you will need less - but ohhhh, the flavor you get will astound. You can never go wrong using fresh ingredients - including spices and herbs.

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

And I'd add to bigpan's comment that a Japanese ginger grater is a fine thing - you can find them at all price points by just Googling, although a microplane will also do a good job. Prepping fresh ginger with either of these goes very quickly and the flavor of fresh ginger over jarred ginger is a revelation.