A question about a recipe: Rosemary Thyme Pita Chips

080309f_1206

I have a question about the recipe "Rosemary Thyme Pita Chips" from machef. I'm planning to make these and bring them to my best friend's house as an appetizer -- what spread could I serve them with? Maybe goat cheese? I've made them a buunch of times and have served them on their own to rave reviews, but I'm also bringing bacon-wrapped scallops and water chestnuts, but my friend is a vegetarian, so I'd like something a little substantial for her, too.

asked by MTMitchell 7 months ago
Junechamp

These chips would be heavenly with my Hot Onion Dip, and it couldn't be easier. 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, 1 cup mayonnaise (not light), 1 cup onions, thinly sliced. Mix the above ingredients together in an ovenproof dish (about 1 1/2 quart capacity). Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 20 minutes, or microwave for 3 minutes on high. Stir with a fork, and serve at once with cocktail rye bread or pita chips.

Junechamp

oops! I meant to add... I take this to a party uncooked in the serving casserole. Bake it there and serve hot. It's always the first appy to disappear!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

An easy dip/spread is cream cheese blended with some chopped sundried tomatoes. If you use bottled tomatoes, incorporate some of the oil in a food processer for a whipped dip.

Hussie-icons_chl

This is always a big hit for me:
http://food52.com/recipes...

Baci1

How about a white bean & artichoke dip?

I got it out of a magazine for appetizers (yes, there was such a publication at Costco). I have exact amounts but it's mostly pantry items:

2 cans white cannellini beans
1 can artichoke hearts
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1-2 tb fresh lemon juice
2 tb fresh thyme
2 tsp lemon zest

Blitz in a food processor. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.

Baci1

Sorry that's "I don't have exact amounts" and the canned items should be drained.

Melissa_mitchell

I made white bean dip (the store I went to didn't have fennel...kind of random) with artichoke hearts, and I'm going to make the onion dip tomorrow -- we have friends coming by in the afternoon and I just made a mess of chips and will use some tonight and some tomorrow. So not only did you all solve my challenge tonight, you made my day tomorrow easier, too. Happy New Year!

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet