🔔
🔎

Can I substitute something for cardamom pods? I'm not even sure what they are or where to get them

asked by Ted 11 months ago

Cardamom is a spice found in Middle Eastern, North African, Indian and Scandinavian cooking. You can find it in almost any grocery store--it is not at all exotic, although it is also not cheap. Expand your horizons--make a small effort to find the pods. Cardamom has a distinctive, perfumed flavor that adds much to the dish.

u can find cardamom pods from the website my spice sage (they have free shipping ) or Penzey spices site

Dsc00859_2

You will find it in the spice section in powdered form or pods. Go for the pods, open and grind the seeds: the flavor will be fresher.

1497474_10151825014120848_244112987_n-2

Spicely Organics offers organic cardamom pods, decorticated and ground.