🔎

What is the best way to cook corn on the cob?

Merrill
Profilepreferred

Cathy is a trusted source on Pickling/Preserving.

Grillcorn I don't know if it's the best way, but my way avoids hot water boiling in the already steamy summer kitchen. Peel back the husk and remove silks, then pull the husks together again. Soak corn in a sink of cold water for 30 minutes or more. Place corn, in husk, on a hot grill and cook/steam for 12 minutes, turning once or twice.

Pic
AlainB added over 3 years ago

I like to rub butter and sea salt on them, they caramelize a little bit better.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Here's a quick and easy way to cook corn on the cob for one or two people. When I don't have the patience or time to wait for the water to boil, I take the whole unpeeled ear, tear off the few flimsy dried-up husk and brown silk pieces poking out, and snap off the stem. Then I rinse the corn in water, and roll it up in a damp paper towel and nuke it for about 1 1/2 minutes (depending on the size of corn and power of your microwave.) When done, carefully peel husk, and wipe away the silk with the damp paper towel. This is a great shortcut for when you're in a hurry and only want to cook 1 or 2 cobs.

HeritageCook added over 3 years ago

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, drop in cleaned cobs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Take out of water and serve immediately. Tender but still with a little snap!

mr.ikslopot added over 3 years ago

Gas stoves save time. All the above recommendations are excellent.